Last updated August 2023.
We are happy to provide you with any additional information or explanation at your reasonable request.
Who we are
Cooking with Camilla is an internet-based website and blog providing content relating to gluten-free and healthy plant-based food, (“Services”). Currently we do this with website content, an email newsletter, and social media presence.
Why we collect and use your information
We use your information for the following purposes:
- To enable us to provide you with our Services, and to improve and promote our Services;
- To create and administer your subscription, contact you, and customize your experience on Cooking with Camilla (for example, to show you emails that we think may interest you based on your previous email or website activity); and
- To track and analyze the use of the Services so that we can improve how Cooking with Camilla is performing and provide users with the best experience possible.
- To verify compliance with applicable legal requirements and our policies.
We process Personal Data because this is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us, for our compliance with our legal obligations, and our legitimate interests. In particular, our legitimate interests included our business interest (e.g. to improve our products and services), and our interest in preventing illegal or fraudulent activity. Some of the Personal Data that we process is required for us to meet our legal obligations, for example, we cannot create an account for you if you choose not to share your Personal Data with us.
This Site is affiliated with Monumetric (dba for The Blogger Network, LLC) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site, and Monumetric will collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about Monumetric's data usage, click here: Publisher Advertising Privacy
What information do we collect and how?
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you provide by completing forms on Cooking with Camilla, such as our newsletter sign-up forms, surveys, or other forms.
- Details of any requests, activity, or transactions you make through Cooking with Camilla Services. We partner with other companies, such as MailChimp for email marketing and Monumetric for advertising.
- Information about your activity on and interaction with Cooking with Camilla, including use of our website (such as your IP address, the type of device or browser you use, and your actions on the website) and email newsletter (such as what links you click and if and when you open the email) — is data gathered by Google Analytics, Monumetric, and MailChimp services.
- Communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem);
- Information that you submit on or to Cooking with Camilla in the form of comments, contributions to discussions, or messages to other users;
- We may collect other types of Personal Data if required under applicable law or if necessary for the purposes listed above. We will then inform you and ensure that there is a valid legal basis for doing so.
- You may decline to provide us with your information and ask that your information be removed. However, this will limit your ability to register for an account or use our Services. For example, if you decline, you may not receive our email newsletter. You may review, change or remove your information through your account settings.
We collect certain Personal Data by using cookies, including similar technologies such as local storage when you visit the website.
- To gather website statistical data to analyze how our users use the website, such as which pages are visited, how long pages were visited and the paths taken by visitors to our website as they move from page to page. These cookies are placed by the domain https://www.cookingwithcamilla.com/
How do we protect your information?
We make sure to encrypt and pseudonymize any personally identifiable information so that it’s not seen by the public.
In limited circumstances, we may share basic information like your first name, last name initial, and home country with the public. For example, if we do a prize giveaway.
We may also share certain communications you send to us (for example, an email message or comment about how much you liked the newsletter).
In some instances, we may also share your information with the following parties and for the following reasons:
- Legal or regulatory authorities, if required by law or reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of ourselves or others.
- Service providers who help with our business operations.
- Our affiliates and promotional partners so can offer you special products, services, discounts, or other items or services.
You have a right to see and receive the information we hold about you. Contact us at [email protected] for more information.
We retain your data for the shortest amount necessary to provide you with our Services. Typically, we will retain most of the Personal Data for the duration of your use of the website and Services. Note that even after the deletion of your account, we still retain information about your past activity with the email newsletter, but your personal information will be non-identifiable.
How we work with third parties
As noted above, we may share your information with certain trusted third-party services and brand partners (for example MailChimp who help us deliver the newsletters, Monumetric who place advertisements, or Google Analytics who help us understand how our site is being used and how to attract more visitors). When we share data with third-party services that support the delivery of our Services, we require that they use your information only for the purposes we've authorized and that they protect your personal information at least to the same standards we do. We do not release or sell private and personally identifiable information. For example, we may release statistics on the geographical makeup of our audience, but we do not release the names and other information of who lives where you will remain anonymous.
Cooking with Camilla is hosted by a US-based company, so your information will be collected and processed in the United States. The United States has its laws governing data protection and government access to information. The rules that protect your personal information under United States law may be different than in your home country. By using this website and its Services, you are agreeing to the collection and transfer of your Personal Data to the perimeters of United States law.
Data transfers outside the EEA
We may transfer the Personal Data we obtain to third parties in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). The laws in those countries may not offer an adequate level of data protection. In particular, Personal Data may be transferred to the United States and Qatar.
Linking to other sites
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
Additional rights for EEA website users
If you live in the European Economic Area, or a similar international area, you may have additional privacy rights available to you under applicable laws. We will process your requests per applicable data protection laws. In particular, your rights include:
- You have the right not to provide or withdraw your consent at any time.
- You may have the right to access the Personal Data that You provided Us.
- You may have the right to the erasure of Personal Data that we hold about you.
- You may have the right to request that Cooking with Camilla stop processing your Personal Data and/or to stop sending you marketing communications.
- You may have the right to require us to correct any of your Personal Data.